Sunday 9 February 2014

First day back in Albuquerque

I arrived in Albuquerque 67 hours after I was originally supposed to. It was a nightmare: blizzards in New England, some troubles with the plane, that same New England blizzard arriving in Halifax, a night at a gross airport hotel in Newark... But, it was all worth it to arrive back home after nearly two years.

That first day was surreal, possibly because I was immensely sleep deprived. Everything was the same, but different, as if these places had only lived in my imagination, but now were real. Once I arrived, I went for a short walk with my mom in the foothills, and had dinner with my parents, brother, and one of my friends. It was awesome. I can't wait to go back. Even though I still live really far away from Albuquerque, at least I am now on the same continent as home again, so hopefully I'll be able to go back more frequently now!

No comments:

Post a Comment