Friday 14 February 2014

Valentine's Day

I used to really hate Valentine's Day. With a passion. When Aaron and I first started dating, Aaron was very keen on going out for a special dinner, giving me flowers and a card and whatnot, and I was not feeling it at first. But Aaron made it fun, and he made me a Valentine's Day convert. So much so that Valentine's has been a two day event this year! 

On Thursday night, we went out for supper to the Stubborn Goat. It was beyond delicious: warm burrata with balsamic and greens on warm pita bread, black truffle salt fries with garlic aioli, prosciutto mac and cheese... It was super fancy, but also super casual. I loved the decor as well. Unfortunately I didn't take any photos. However, trust me, you will not be disappointed by the food or atmosphere there. 

We started today by driving to Dartmouth to go to Two if By Sea, which is basically our favourite celebratory breakfast/celebratory coffee place. There were flowers on the tables, and little bouquets for sale, and delicious coffee and croissants all around. This afternoon while Aaron was at class, I made chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter cream cheese frosting and a peanut butter cup heart on top. Once Aaron gets back we're going to binge watch House of Cards. I can't think of anything better.

No comments:

Post a Comment