Friday 5 September 2014

One year with Findlay

Aaron and I adopted Findlay just over one year ago. When we took him home from the SPCA, I had no idea that the little black ball of fluff that was yowling in his carrier would add so much to our lives! He's so full of personality and attitude, and I'm beyond happy that he's part of our little family. After adopting Findlay, I learned that black cats are least likely to be adopted and most like to be euthanized in shelters. This is due to superstition and assumptions made about behaviour of black cats. And I find this absolutely heartbreaking. Findlay is the friendliest, happiest cat I've ever met. He was the only black kitten out of his litter at the SPCA, and he was the last one there. The others were adopted days before he was. I'm so happy that the Provincial SPCA in Dartmouth is a no kill shelter, and that we were able to bring Findlay home with us. So, I decided to share some (read: A LOT) of Findlay's kitten photos from his first month or so with us. Prepare for a cuteness overload, and keep in mind that these photos were selected from the hundreds of photos I snapped of him in those early days. I think my photos of him have gotten much better with time, but I still love looking back at how tiny he was!



1 comment:

  1. You are so lucky to have such a wonderful friend! He's so cute, a hero of your endless cat-stories)

    ReplyDelete