Monday 26 October 2015

Special details

There were a couple of wedding details that were particularly special to us. They were small details, but they were still very important.

My aunt Martha is an incredibly talented artist. I've admired her work for a long time, and I was so happy that she agreed to make a wedding certificate for us. It is one of my favourite things in the world, and it means so much to me. We have it hanging in our room, and every time I see it, it always makes me smile.


Unfortunately, my grandparents weren't able to attend our wedding. It's because of them that my family ended up in Nova Scotia. I did feel their presence with us that day: both just because I can't be in Port Hilford and not think of them, but also because our wedding rings were a gift from them.


My mom and I made all of the invitations and save the dates. It was a lot of work, but I had so much fun. We watched a lot of Gilmore Girls while we stamped. I was really happy with the results. We also made the garlands and any other paper decorations!


Photo by Ariana Plont 
We used the same moon stamp to create the design for the stemless wine glasses we ordered.


I used one of my old photos to create the labels for the wine that Aaron's parents made. I'm having a poster size version of the label made for both our apartment, as well as for my aunt and uncle. We used their beautiful home as a venue, and they loved the Wine Harbour labels.


Photo by Charles Bourne 


For the guest book, I ordered a Project Life book and kit. Our guests signed the cards, and I later added the photos they took in our photo booth!



We topped our cutting cake with tiny Totoro figurines. Totoro has always been one of my favourite movies, so Aaron went along with it. I think they're pretty cute.


Photo by Charles Bourne

Photo by Pip Shepley


Erin and Ariana filled up this bird feeder with extra flowers. It was so simple, but I thought it was one of the most beautiful details!

Photo by Charles Bourne

The dried rose petals my mom made from her garden were just beautiful. She made the little cones they came in, too!

 Photo by Charles Bourne

As I've mentioned, Aaron's wonderful mom made all of the cupcakes with a bit of my help. She's amazing, and they all tasted fantastic! Additionally, Aaron's grandfather made the beautiful birch cake stands for us and brought them all the way from Newfoundland. He also made gorgeous s'more roasting sticks, painted blue and silver and gold and brown. He's very talented!

No comments:

Post a Comment