Monday 26 October 2015

Wedding portraits


My uncle Pip is a very talented photographer. Shortly after we got engaged, we asked him if he would be willing to take some wedding portraits for us, and we are so happy that he was up for it! My aunt Martha came along to offer some artistic direction, and we also brought my friend Sara to help with my dress. We decided to do photos the day before the wedding: this way, we could take our time, and take advantage of the beauty of the area. There are so many beautiful spots, and many of them have special significance to us. We didn't want to have to leave the reception to take photos, so it just made sense. It also ended up being a great thing, because now we have some photos where you can see the ocean, instead of fog, to go along with our beautiful foggy photos. This was one of my favourite parts of the whole wedding week. We all had so much fun, and it was really nice to get away from the house. I think the photos turned out beautifully, and we will treasure them forever. Thank you so much, Pip and Martha!

The first location we went to was a bluff very close to the venue. Aaron and I have gone on many long walks up here, and it was a great place to have our first look!







We next went to the pier where one of our family friends keeps his lobster boat.

 







We also went to a beautiful cliff overlooking one of our favourite beaches. On Aaron's first trip to the area, I took him here and he loved it.





We ended up at my parent's land on the lake.

All photos by Pip Shepley. See more of his work here.


1 comment:

  1. These are incredible photos. You both look so dashing! <3

    ReplyDelete